Monday, September 12, 2011

The Shattering, by Karen Healey

What can I say about The Shattering by Karen Healey other than I love this book. I love how Ms. Healey writes using the voices of each of the main characters, and I love all three of them, Keri, Janna, and Sione.

Keri and Janna are friends who had grown apart (like a lot of friends do), but they reconnect when Keri's older brother commits suicide, just as Janna's had years ago.  They meet up with Sione, who's older brother had also taken his own life and they come to believe that there is a pattern and that their brothers were, in fact, murdered.

As they embark on their journey to try and find the murderer, they realize that there might be something more sinister at foot.  The Shattering captivated me from the first page... it is full of suspense, with well written characters who I found myself rooting for until the end.

I would definitely recommend this book and I give it four and a half out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment