Thursday, May 12, 2011

Summer Reading Recommendation

I just finished reading Original Sin, A Sally Sin Adventure by Beth McMullen, and highly recommend this book for your summer reading.


Lucy Hamilton is a seemingly normal stay-at-home mom with a past she wants to keep secret from everyone, including her husband and young son. Unfortunately, she gets pulled back into her old life as the spy, Sally Sin, by the Government Agency she use to work for and by her old nemesis, Ian Blackford.


I love how Beth McMullen weaves Sally Sin's past into Lucy Hamilton's current life, and how we get to see her thought process while she tries to solve a mystery. Lucy/Sally is a fun character who isn't much different than any of us (well, except for her ability to get herself into and out of extraordinary adventures). She's definitely someone I could see myself hanging out with.


After finishing the book, I believe (hope) that this is going to be the first in a series, and I can't wait for the next one. Lucy Hamilton/Sally Sin is my new hero.


If you like a book that is full of intrigue, suspense, love, and laughter... Original Sin should be on your Summer reading list. It won't be released until July, but it's available for pre-sale. Go ahead, order it... I don't think you'll be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment